17 March, 2020
Michael Hardy Estate Agents wanted to update you on what we're doing across our offices following the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Most importantly, we want to reassure you that the safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff are our number one priority. Our team is only a telephone call or an email away.
On this page, you can learn more about how we can help you during this challenging time. With the situation changing almost daily, we recommend you check the government website for the latest advice on moving during the COVID-19 outbreak.
This page explains how our service will work while restrictions are in place.
UPDATE 18/05/2020 - Michael Hardy Estate Agents will reopen on the 18th May. Learn how we have adapted our services for your safety following the pandemic.
Viewings for Landlords and Vendors during COVID-19
Below is the Michael Hardy viewing protocol. We will make every endeavour to ensure that the people viewing the property follow our viewing protocols. However, it isn’t possible to guarantee that all hard services and handles have not been touched. All viewings are undertaken entirely at your own risk.
Protocol for Vendors and Landlords:
1) We therefore strongly advise that you wipe down all internal door handles and kitchen surfaces after we leave the property
2) When we leave the property, we will wipe down the handle of the door we exit from with an anti-bacterial/viral spray.
3) We ask that where possible you leave internal doors open so that we avoid having to open them.
4) If there is a back door to the property please leave the key in it.
5) If there is a side gate please leave it unbolted
Viewings for Tenants and Applicants during COVID-19
Below is the Michael Hardy viewing protocol. Please study carefully these guidelines before attending the appointment. All viewings are undertaken entirely at your own risk.
Protocol for viewings:
1) No more than two applicants can attend a viewing appointment.
2) Please ensure that you have thoroughly researched the property you have asked to view via our website.
3) Have either of you been unwell in the last 14 days or been in contact with someone who has been unwell in the last 14 days?
4) No children are allowed on viewings at this time
5) Please can you wear a face covering while in the property
6) Please keep 2 meters distance.
7) Clean gloves should be worn at all times.
8) Please don’t touch anything in the property. The owner or the agent will open doors.
Thank you for your patience and co-operation in these challenging times.
Virtual viewings and video tours
We are using the latest technology including video tours contact us for more information.
We hope this helps. Please get in contact with us if you have any further questions, and we’ll do our best to help!
UPDATE 15/05/2020 - With the situation changing almost daily, the government website has advice on moving during the COVID-19 outbreak. Please do reach out to us with your questions and we will advise you on how we can help.