Whether you are a homeowner looking to rent out your property or a Buy to Let landlord with one or a portfolio of properties, Michael Hardy Lettings will ensure that you receive the lettings service you require. We will ensure that we maximise the return on your investment by providing you with a rental income for the duration of your let as well as offering you a range of services to protect your property.
Our Services Include
- Rent collection service.
- Full management of your property.
- Fully computerised management system.
- Services for overseas investment landlords.
- Regulated by N.A.E.A. and A.R.L.A.
- Members of the Tenant’s Deposit Service (TDS).
- Corporate lets.
- Accompanied viewings.
- Experienced mature staff.
- Full letting service available via e-mail and online.
Headed by Charles Danton-Rees, Michael Hardy Lettings offers the same high levels of service that have long been associated with the name Michael Hardy. Whether you are letting your home for the first time, or you are a Buy to Let Landlord with one property or a large portfolio, our office can provide you with:
- Free property appraisals.
- Professional colour photographs and floorplans.
- Open and transparent fees with no hidden charges.
- Market leading, cost effective insurance packages for landlords and tenants.
- Easy to read agreements for tenants and landlords.
Our fee structure for managing your property is clear and consists of a set up and monthly management fee which we would be happy to go through with you. During your let there are no hidden extra costs. Our fees fund:
- Finding you a suitable tenant.
- Taking up references and credit checks our reference provider.
- Drawing up a tenancy agreement.
- Compiling and preparation of the Inventory.
- Collecting the rent and accounting to you monthly with a regular statement.
- Advising on any repairs that are necessary.
- Providing information and help on insurance and tax.
- You can download information about our Landlord Fees here.
We collect a deposit from the tenant to safeguard against damage and will take on the responsibility of protecting the deposit via a government approved Tenancy Deposit Protection scheme (TDS). At the end of the tenancy we will inspect the property and the costs of any work attributed to the tenant will be deducted from the deposit. If the Landlord and Tenant fail to agree on these costs then any disputes will be referred to the dispute resolution service of the Tenancy Deposit Protection scheme (TDS).
All Tenants are referenced and credit searched before they move into your property.
We will prepare an easy to read legal agreement which complies with current legislation. In general this will be for a period of not less than 6 months and then renewable on a month to month basis or for another fixed term. This gives you, the Landlord, the flexibility to re-occupy or re-let the house after giving the tenant two months’ notice to vacate.
Rates and Services
The payment of water rates, council tax, gas, electricity, TV licence and telephone bills are generally the responsibility of the tenants.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
As of the 1st October 2008 all Landlords had to provide a valid EPC for their property before it can be let. This document will last for 10 years. Failure to comply with the legislation could result in a fine and prevent a Landlord from offering the property for rent. We are able to offer you this service through Michael Hardy.
Details of the property contents and a schedule of condition (the inventory) can be prepared in advance of the tenancy commencement date. This inventory schedule will form the basis for any deductions from the security deposit, once agreed between the Landlord and the Tenant.
Although we can help you with repairs, it is your responsibility to ensure the property is maintained in good condition, both prior to letting your property and once your Tenant is in residence. Repairs can be carried out by contractors nominated by you, or by Michael Hardy Lettings own approved contractors. Any charges will be deducted from your account and detailed on your rent statement. We will always ask for instructions before commencing any large scale repairs.
All Michael Hardy Lettings Landlords have access to a range of insurance packages with our Insurance providers. These include rent and legal protection insurance, house building insurance and home contents insurance. Our insurance packages are comprehensive ensuring your property is properly protected.