At Michael Hardy we believe in treating our customers how we would like to be treated and it is our commitment to customer satisfaction that is the driving force behind our business. In order to achieve this we feel it is important to offer our clients a dedicated in-house sales team that manage the sale of your property from the initial valuation meeting right through to the completion of the sale. Although we are not be the biggest agent in town, we work hard to make sure we have a strong brand that people recognise and trust; a brand that people return to time and time again because of our high levels of customer service and experience in the property industry.
So how do we support you in marketing your property and helping you get that sale?
- Full colour property particulars using professionally taken photographs and professionally produced colour floor plans.
- Leading edge 360 degree Virtual Property Tours.
- Online Marketing with details posted on Rightmove, Primelocation and Zoopla giving national coverage.
- Innovative website offering the latest functions including Online Valuations, searches by Travel Time and School Acceptance Areas.
- Prominent High Street offices enabling us to give customers face to face help and advice.
- Accompanied viewings, including the option of Open Houses, with feedback on all appointments and regular market updates.
- Open 7 days a week with all calls answered by our in-house sales team.
- Strong brand awareness built through Social Media (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram), Local Advertising (Reading Bus Sides, Bus Rears, Billboards, Wokingham Word) and Event Sponsorships (Wokingham Fireworks, Open Air Cinema, Local Schools).
- Dedicated in-house sales progression with regular updates.
- Fixed price conveyancing from a panel of local solicitors, on a no sale-no fee basis. We recommended these solicitors because we believe they do a good job. We are not financially incentivised by them, unlike some of the solicitors recommended by other agents.
- All sales staff required to adhere to professional guidelines.
- Members of the Ombudsman to Estate Agents Scheme, our professionalism is guaranteed.
Photography and Floorplans
Many vendors comment on the quality of the photographs that we provide, comparing them to the images that were supplied when they first bought their home.
We believe that every property brought to the market, irrespective of size or price, should be showcased to its full potential so we use a professional photography company to produce our images and floorplans.
The introduction of floor plans to our marketing portfolio a number of years ago was probably one of the most popular innovations with purchasers and vendors alike. After viewing ten houses in one day it is so much easier to refresh one's memory by consulting a plan which sets out each room's shape and denotes total square footage of the property.
360 Degree Virtual Tours
To ensure we are offering you the best marketing tools for your property, we believe in making sure we are at the forefront of digital advances in the property industry.
In this transient world, 360 Degree Tours allow our potential buyers the opportunity to take a virtual tour of your home and gives your listing a professional appearance thus attracting more prospective buyers.
Energy Performance Certificates
EPCs and what they mean
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) give information on how to make your home more energy efficient and reduce carbon dioxide emissions. All homes bought, sold or rented require an EPC.
Information on your home's energy use and carbon dioxide emissions.
A recommendation report with suggestions to reduce energy use and carbon dioxide emissions.
EPCs carry ratings that compare the current energy efficiency and carbon dioxide emissions with potential figures that your home could achieve. Potential figures are calculated by estimating what the energy efficiency and carbon dioxide emissions would be if energy saving measures were put in place.
The rating measures the energy and carbon emission efficiency of your home using a grade from ‘A’ to ‘G’. An ‘A’ rating is the most efficient, while ‘G’ is the least efficient. The average efficiency grade to date is 'D'. All homes are measured using the same calculations, so you can compare the energy efficiency of different properties.
Around 27 per cent of the UK’s carbon dioxide emissions come from domestic homes. Carbon dioxide contributes to climate change.
EPCs also provide a detailed recommendation report showing what you could do to help reduce the amount of energy you use and your carbon dioxide emissions.
The report lists:
- Suggested improvements, like fitting loft insulation.
- Possible cost savings per year, if the improvements are made.
- How the recommendations would change the energy and carbon emission rating of the property.
You don’t have to act on the recommendations in the recommendation report. However, if you decide to do so, it could make your property more attractive for sale or rent by making it more energy efficient. For more information on saving energy and whether you are eligible for energy efficiency grants to make your home more energy efficient, go to www.agreenuk.com.
We are able to facilitate the provision of an EPC, please feel free to contact us for further details.