At Michael Hardy we believe in treating our customers how we would like to be treated and it is our commitment to customer satisfaction that is the driving force behind our business. In order to achieve this, we have a dedicated in-house sales team that manage the sale of your property from the initial valuation meeting right through to the completion of the sale.
We’ve worked hard to make sure we have a strong brand that people recognise and trust; a brand that people return to time and time again because of our excellent customer service, vast experience in the property industry and investment in cutting edge marketing techniques.
So how do we market your property and help you get that sale?
- Full colour property particulars using professionally taken photographs and professionally produced colour floorplans.
- Industry leading 360 degree virtual property tours.
- Listing on all the relevant property portals including with on Rightmove, Primelocation, OnTheMarket and Zoopla ensuring national coverage.
- Innovative website offering the latest functions including online valuations, searches by travel time and school acceptance areas.
- Prominent high street offices enabling us to give customers face to face help and advice.
- Accompanied viewings, with feedback on all appointments and regular market updates.
- Open 7 days a week with all calls answered by our in-house sales team.
- Strong brand awareness built through social media (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram), local advertising (Reading Buses, billboards, Wokingham Word) and event sponsorships (Wokingham fireworks, open air cinema, local schools).
- Dedicated in-house sales progression with regular updates.
- Fixed price conveyancing from a panel of local solicitors, on a no sale-no fee basis. We recommended these solicitors because we believe they do a good job. We are not financially incentivised by them, unlike some of the solicitors recommended by other agents.
- All sales staff required to adhere to professional guidelines.
- Members of the Ombudsman to Estate Agents Scheme, our professionalism is guaranteed.
Photography and Floorplans
We believe that every property brought to the market, irrespective of size or price, should be showcased to its full potential, which is why we use one of the UK’s leading property marketing agencies to produce our images and floorplans.
Many vendors comment on the quality of the photographs that we provide, comparing them favourably to the images that were supplied when they first bought their home.
Both vendors and purchasers alike appreciate having an accurate, colour floorplan which details the specifics for each room and overall square footage. A property’s layout and room sizes are often the first things taken into consideration by a potential buyer and once several viewings have taken place, are invaluable for refreshing the memory about room details and property size.
Our agency photographers are all members of the RPS (Royal Photographic Society), certified RICS (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) property measurers as well as qualified domestic energy assessors. We can get all your marketing assets together from a single home visit!
360 Degree Virtual Tours
We have access to state-of-the-art marketing tools for your property, including industry leading, Matterport’s 360 degree virtual tours.
Our photographers are experienced with the latest Pro2 3D cameras that use scanning technology to create a digital twin of your home. Potential buyers can then conduct a virtual walkthrough of your property, navigating their way through using a mouse, keyboard or finger on smartphones or tablets.
With the Government’s current advice for virtual viewings to take place wherever possible before a physical visit, we are proud to be ahead of the game, already offering this ground-breaking service as part of your marketing package.
View example of our virtual viewings – https://youtu.be/B0nljabW8wQ
Energy Performance Certificates
EPCs and what they mean
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) give information on how to make your home more energy efficient and reduce carbon dioxide emissions. All homes bought, sold or rented require an EPC.
- Information on your home's energy use and carbon dioxide emissions.
- A recommendation report with suggestions to reduce energy use and carbon dioxide emissions.
EPCs carry ratings that compare the current energy efficiency and carbon dioxide emissions with potential figures that your home could achieve. Potential figures are calculated by estimating what the energy efficiency and carbon dioxide emissions would be if energy saving measures were put in place.
The rating measures the energy and carbon emission efficiency of your home using a grade from ‘A’ to ‘G’. An ‘A’ rating is the most efficient, while ‘G’ is the least efficient. The average efficiency grade to date is 'D'. All homes are measured using the same calculations, so you can compare the energy efficiency of different properties.
Around 27 per cent of the UK’s carbon dioxide emissions come from domestic homes. Carbon dioxide contributes to climate change.
EPCs also provide a detailed recommendation report showing what you could do to help reduce the amount of energy you use and your carbon dioxide emissions.
The report lists:
- Suggested improvements, like fitting loft insulation.
- Possible cost savings per year if the improvements are made.
- How the recommendations would change the energy and carbon emission rating of the property.
You don’t have to act on the recommendations in the recommendation report. However, if you decide to do so, it could make your property more attractive for sale or rent by making it more energy efficient. For more information on saving energy and whether you are eligible for energy efficiency grants to make your home more energy efficient, go to www.agreenuk.com.
As mentioned, our marketing agency are fully qualified to produce your EPC, alongside the photographs, 3D tour and floorplans.
We are able to facilitate the provision of an EPC, please feel free to contact us for further details.